Para os beta testers (ou será alpha testers) de plantão, está disponível a nova versão do Samba 4.0.
Interessado ? Baixe o mesmo aqui.
Mudanças desde o alpha1:
In the time since Samba4 Alpha1 was released in September 2007, Samba has
continued to evolve, but you may particularly notice these areas:
- MMC Support: The Active Directory Users and Computers console now handles group membership correctly.
- member/memberOf: These and other linked attributes are now kept in sync
- subtree renames: Renaming a subtree of LDAP objects is now possible,with all linked attributes being kept consistent.
- Python Bindings: Bindings for a future move to Python as the internal scripting language have been created.
- Shared library use: In support of projects such as OpenChange, which depend on Samba4, more of Samba4 is built as shared libraries.
- These are just some of the highlights of the work done in the past few months. More details can be found in our SVN history.
Caso queira um Howto de configuração, dê uma lida aqui.