Updated: 2015/08/30 12:09PM (UTC-3)
ServerInfo plugin was created to allow Openfire (version 3.10.0 or later – a version compatible with Openfire >= 3.8.0 is available here) monitoring, using common tools like MRTG, Zabbix, Nagios, etc…
You can upload ServerInfo in plugins page of Openfire web console admin. To update to the latest plugin version first remove the old one.
Using ServerInfo from your XMPP client:
To use ServerInfo plugin from your XMPP client you need to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your roster and send messages to it.
Using TCP connections:
You just need to open a TCP socket on port 4455 (default port, but you can change it in web console admin). This is the preferred mode to monitor your Openfire server using 3rd party tools like MRTG, Centreon, etc… After connected you just need to send the messages (commands).
The available commands are:
- free memory: get free available memory to the jvm.
- free memory num: get free available memory to the jvm (in MB).
- java version: get Java version.
- max memory: get maximum available memory to the jvm.
- max memory num: get maximum available memory to the jvm (in MB).
- online users: get the number of online users.
- openfire version: get Openfire version.
- openfire host: get Openfire hostname.
- openfire uptime: get Openfire last started time.
- server sessions: get the number of incoming server sessions.
- total memory: get total available memory to the jvm.
- total memory num: get total available memory to the jvm (in MB).
- total users: get the number of total users.
- used memory: get used memory by the jvm.
- used memory (num): get used memory by the jvm (in MB).
- version: get ServerInfo plugin version.
In Mundo Open Source you will find two python scripts that allows Openfire monitoring using MRTG or PRTG. They are:
- of_serverinfo_mrtg.py: script to create MRTG graphs using ServerInfo plugin (version 0.2 or later).
- of_serverinfo_prtg.py: script to create html pages for PRTG monitoring using ServerInfo plugin (version 0.2 or later).
You can find more information about Openfire MRTG monitoring in this post (portuguese only).
Version 0.4 now allows you to change default IP address and port to bind in console admin.
- Unfortunatelly, I realize that ServerInfo plugin is not working with Openfire >= 3.10.0. I’ll need to recreate jar file to be compatible with new openfire jar extraction method.
- Compatilibility with Openfire >= 3.10.0
- rrd4j support with graph page in web console admin.
Changelog information is available here.